Thank you to Domestic Recluse for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! And look! The colors in the badge match my site! The nomination came out of the blue and made me smile. When Domestic Recluse first subscribed to my blog, I visited hers. I couldn’t figure out what she saw in me – we were so different. For example, I am Christian and she’s a Taoist. I asked her what she liked about my blog and she said that she tends to write about darker things and when she wants some light she visits my space. You never know whose heart you are touching and why. I believe that we are all God’s children and that we can learn from people who are different than us.
Domestic Recluse is her means of letting go, knowing herself, and letting her spouse learn more about her. You can check out her blog here.
So, you may wonder as I did what is the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA). I did a little research. There is actually a Versatile Blogger Award blog, see it here. Here’s what they have to say:
”When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them. Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then. And, have fun!”
I also found the VBA Rules:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Well, I’ve already covered the first two bullets. If you know me, you will know that I can be a bit of stick to the rules kind of person. As a lawyer and an HR person it goes with the territory. I’m also a pleaser so you know I’m going to try to do it right!
Now for my own nominations! There are so many blogs I like! Here are 15 that I follow:
Marriage related blogs
- (Becoming) A Woman for Him: this is a blog offer wisdom for Christian women
- The Marriage Project: feisty and well-written blog about Christian marriage
- 365 Acts of Love: Sweet, sweet blog. A husband’s secret tribute to his wife!
- Courageous Hope: lots of great biblical references and poetry
- One Wed Wonders: blog about people married for life, often for decades and decades
- Passionate Homemaking: blog about marriage, life, family, children and wholesome living
- The Newlywed Wife: Sweet blog about newlywed life with a foodie bent and lots of great photos
- The Angry Pear: cute blog of comical drawings of, you guessed it, an angry pear!
- Bitter Sweet: a vegan dessert blog with excellent photos.
- Confessions of a Cookbook Queen: to call this blog a funny dessert blog doesn’t do it justice. You have to read it.
- Dessert Girl: cool blog about art and sweets – two of my loves.
- Glorious Treats: dessert blog with great pictures and ideas. You don’t gain any weight by just looking at it!
- Mama’s Gotta Bake: fun food blog – she said her sons will see her in the kitchen in the middle of the night and ask her what she’s doing and she’ll answer ”Mama’s gotta bake!”
- Orange Spice Drop: funky, interesting blog about all kinds of off the wall things – great perspective, writing and humor.
- When Harry Met Celery: best name ever especially since one of my favorite movies is When Harry Met Sally – food blog with great recipes.
So there’s my 15. For you math-challenged folks like me, 7 + 8 = 15.
That leaves the 7 random things about me. First of all, see my post called The Queen of Random. Seeing that I actually had a post of that name, coming up with 7 random things about me shouldn’t be too hard. Here we go:
- I like cleaning out the litter box. I know. I’m weird. But it is awfully like playing in the sandbox.
- My son and I fight over who gets to lick the brownie bowl.
- The most neurotic pet is always the one who likes me best. Right now, we have two cats: Nylah and Bella. Bella is the crazy one and of course she loves me.
- I buy Christmas presents all year. And yet, I always have “a few more things” to get on Christmas Eve.
- I’ve never tried a food I didn’t like.
- If I found out I had 24 hours left to live, I’d spend it eating massive amounts of chocolate.
- I had a really hard time coming up with my 7th random fact. I breezed through 1-6 but got stuck on 7.
There you have it. Thanks so much for the nomination and award. And congrats to those I have now nominated. Let the blogging fun continue!